Our spokesman is out of action at the moment, having exhausted himself editing this film no doubt. But he did have time to leave us this little formula for inspiration he’s come up with in the process of making it. Try it out and see what you feel like doing with your time afterwards….
Watch the film and think about this:
CULTURE v CAPITALISM
- Replace the V with a pillar and think about the pillar. Then think about what that pillar has come to symbolise to skateboarders (and by extension free-thinkers).
- Then watch your favourite skateboard film that inspired you when you were young.
- Then imagine if you could explain the feeling you got from it to the world just by telling them to go to SB.
- Then watch your favourite non skate film from the 80’s / 90’s looking at the messages and imagery in the film.
- Then imagine if everyone in the world knew about southbank and the feeling it represents to the point were it doesn’t need to exist – because it has allowed society to be free. – Meaning: skaters don’t need their mecca because it has finally effected the whole world around it and fills the missing link between logic and nature to create a new symbol which is the pillar, which represents the value of culture.
- The answer is in the archives of British skateboarding.
ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD
REFLECTIONS ON YOU’RE THOUGHTS CAN BE EXPRESSED HOWEVER YOU WANT JUST TAG LLSB AND THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW WILL KNOW.